Are you new to the world of essential oils? Did you catch our blog on all the wonderful health benefits of essential oils and are now curious as to how you can use them safely in your own life? You’ve come to the right place!
Essential oils are one of the oldest staples in human healing and therapy, having been used in therapeutic, medical, and holistic healing settings for at least 6,000 years. These powerful concentrations of plant, root, and citrus fruit matter can stimulate your senses, complement traditional medical treatments and relieve the symptoms of a variety of common issues and health complaints. They are, however, potentially toxic to your body if misused or used improperly.
At Southern Natural, we’ve infused a variety of our all-natural goat’s milk soaps with essential oils to provide you with pleasant scents and additional nourishment for your skin and body. Read on to learn how to incorporate essential oils healthily into your life. You can start by browsing our line of essential oil-scented goat’s milk soaps and ordering your favorite bar today!
How NOT To Add Essential Oils To Your Health Routine
Before we dive into the healthy uses of essential oils, let’s quickly go over the ways you shouldn’t use essential oils unless you want to risk harming your own body, given that your health is your primary focus.
- Do not swallow essential oils. Ingesting essential oils directly can damage your liver and kidneys due to the high concentration of the oil.
- Do not apply essential oils directly to your skin. Essential oils can provide your skin many benefits, but it is far too potent to apply to your skin directly by itself. If you want to use essential oils topically, you’ll want to dilute the oil with a carrier oil or other carrying agent, like a bar of goat’s milk soap, for instance. By adding a few drops of essential oil to an ounce of a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil, you’ll retain the health benefits of the essential oil while diluting it to a gentler concentration that’s safe for your body to absorb.
How To Add Essential Oil To Your Healthcare Routine
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about the many ways in which you can incorporate essential oils into your daily life!
- Essential Oil Diffusers. Inhaling essential oils is the most common way to reap their health benefits, and inhaling them via the vapor from diffusers is the most common way people take in essential oils. Diffusers are easy to use, and many affordable models are now available at most supermarkets and other stores that sell humidifier-type products. Diffusers dilute essential oils to a safe concentration for inhalation.To use an essential oil diffuser, you simply add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil to a designated oil tray or oil sponge, and fill a designated water tank with a couple ounces of water. The result is pleasant smelling, invigorating vapor filling the area around your diffuser with essential oil nourishment. Note: humidifiers and diffusers are not one in the same! Most humidifiers are not made to handle essential oils and can be ruined when the water they use is tainted. Check your humidifier’s operating guide before attempting to use it as a diffuser.
- Essential Oil Sprays. You can achieve a more immediate result with pre-diluted essential oil sprays that function like any other spray bottle. Simply spray them in the air, inhale, and enjoy the pleasant scent and health benefits. Some sprays may be able to be sprayed directly onto your skin, but you’ll want to check the label first to be safe.
- Essential Oil Steam Baths and Infused Bath Salts. Essential oil bath products combine the benefits of inhaling and topically applying essential oils, providing your skin and soul health benefits. You can add a few drops of essential oil to any hot bath you take, or combine health benefits by buying essential oil-infused bath salts for deep body nourishment.
- Essential Oil-Infused Soaps and Skin Care Products. You can enjoy better skincare by investing in skincare creams that have essential oil infused in them! Essential oils enhance the health benefits of any skincare product, like they do our goat’s milk soaps.
Now that you know all the different ways that you can incorporate essential oils into your health routine, you’re ready to enjoy more complete bodily health and smoother, healthier skin. Start your essential oil journey today by picking up your favorite essential oil-scented goat’s milk soap from the Southern Natural online store!