This is a troubling time for our nation. COVID-19, or coronavirus, is here and we've got to do everything in our power to fight back. One of the most important things we can do is to wash our hands. It's vital to stop the spread of disease. Any soap that lathers is effective against the coronavirus. Simple soap and water are even more effective than gel hand sanitizers because they do not get rid of all types of germs. (If you must use a hand sanitizer, choose one that's at least 60% alcohol to have the best chance of killing the virus.)
We've been trying to teach people the importance of washing hands properly. The Centers for Disease Control give these instructions on their website:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
When should you wash your hands? Before, during, and after handling food, after eating, after using the restroom, after touching any surface that anyone else might have touched. And also, right now, recommendations are to wash your hands every 20 minutes as well.
Sound like a lot? It is, but this habit can make a huge difference in stopping the spread of this disease. Washing your hands so often will begin to take a toll on your skin if you're using a harsh detergent-based soap that strips your skin of its natural oils.
Since everyone has had to buy extra supplies and stay home this month, we're offering our most popular special on our goat's milk soap for a limited time. Our soaps are so much gentler on your skin while still helping you get rid of any exposure to germs. Your skin will be pampered and nourished by the nutrients in the goat's milk soap.
From now until April 7, all soaps will be buy 5 get 1 free or buy 10, get 2 free, plus free shipping when you buy 10 soaps! Be sure to add the free soaps to your cart, and the discount will be applied automatically.